Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy days


 Over the weekend our town hosted one of Australia's biggest Gay & Lesbian festivals, Chill Out.
It's always an amazing event and I love the way our town becomes full of colour and life, happy people celebrating life, community & diversity. This year it seemed to be bigger than ever, the shops and cafe's were full and everywhere there was a lovely buzz. The beautiful weather helped, the sun shone and the sky was blue, blue blue. My mum helped out at the Festival Day at Vic Park, she looked pretty cute in her orange top!


Our weekend was super fun. Bill had a friend stay over and together they began to build a tree house in the tallest tree in our back yard. They were so inventive, and brave! I went out a few times, reminding them to be careful (sure mum) and worrying about them falling. 


But I was brave too and let them keep climbing, building and making, reminding myself that this is what child hood is about. Taking risks, making things happen, exploring, finding ways to make things work, creating. All of this at about fifteen metres off the ground. Gulp.



 They used an old piece of hose to hoist up a platform..I couldn't stay to watch this bit...ahhh!


Fun!


On Monday we headed down to Jubilee Lake for a picnic with our friends from Footscray. Carm is one of my oldest and dearest friends & it was her birthday! I was SO happy to be spending it with her and her beautiful family.


The park was full of other families enjoying the long weekend, 
it was truly blissful sitting there under the big old trees, looking out onto the sparkling lake.


Heavenly!







Last night I reflected a bit on our weekend, on our lives lately. I'm so happy we moved to Daylesford in 2005, it was such a good move to make. It's not always perfect, but then nothing ever is. I love so many aspects of life here and the beautiful friends we have made. And after a hard year in 2011 I feel like this new year has already brought so many good things.
Maybe it's my attitude too. Life is so fragile, so precious, that I want to get as much as I can out of it. I don't have time to sit around, I'm into it! I'm finding some new energy (and some sore muscles) through Boot Camp too, something I've been needing for a long time.

Within all the happy days and positive feelings there are always pockets of grumpiness, neediness,
sadness and chaos but I'm not focusing too much on these things. Every day is a new day, every day holds some kind of treasure, something beautiful if I look for it. 

So it's Tuesday and a busy week lies ahead. The girls are looking forward to the Taylor Swift concert  tonight! Woo hoo! And I"m hanging out to see Charlotte on Friday night. We're off to the Doily Exhibition in Brunswick (I have a little doll in it) and then on to dinner. We're going to chat up a storm about our trip to the USA and make some plans. Fun! Thanks so much too for all the lovely comments on my last post. It seems I'm not the only one who has anxious moments!

So what's happening in your world this week? 
Go on, tell me.
See you soon lovely ones,
xo

3 comments:

hester said...

Oh what a lovely life! Daylesford does sound like a wonderful place to raise a family. I thought of you today when I heard them talking about the Grace Kelly exhibition opening in Bendigo. How I wish I had a magic carpet to fly down your way for a visit.

PS You are a brave Mum indeed to let Bill have such adventures building in the tree. He's a lucky boy.

hester said...

I meant to say I heard them talking on Radio National about the exhibition.

Manda said...

Hi Beck
how cute is your Mum! there's been treehouse building here too with grand plans drawn up...I may even move outside if it looks anything like my boys drawing ;-) How did you like Taylor Swift? we were there on Wednesday night...it was magical...Veda got to hug her!
Happy Weekend x manda x